Need Help? Call us +44 (0) 203 178 2048
The UK’s Most Trusted UK Visa Consultancy
With over 12 years’ experience and more than 15,000 UK Visa approvals secured worldwide, we have steadily built First Migration’s reputation as one of the most trusted immigration consultancies in the world. As you can see from our Trustpilot reviews, we have an industry-leading reputation for always securing UK Visa approvals, while providing our clients with a five-star service.
Welcome to the First Migration’s UK Visitor Visa Information Centre.
We have dedicated the past decade to helping our clients secure UK Visitor Visa approvals. Using the knowledge and experience we have obtained during this time, we have created a UK Visitor Visa Information Centre to provide you with comprehensive information you need to get started.
We recommend that you bookmark this page, after reading through the information below, to easily find the information page again. Should you want our expert assistance or guidance at any time, call us to speak to one of our UK Visitor Visa Experts and have you case assessed for free. Alternatively, request a call-back at the top of this page, and have one of our experts call you instead.
Get a sense of the five-star service and results we have provided for many of our clients by checking out our reviews on Trustpilot.co.uk. Should you choose First Migration to act as your legal representative, rest assured we will provide a professional service that lives up to our online reputation, and is as simple and stress-free as possible for you.
Before your first consultation, take the time to read through the information below as we address the most frequently asked questions. We hope to be able to demonstrate our expertise in the area even before having a conversation with you. We look forward to helping you with the process of securing a UK Visitor Visa approval.
Applying for a UK Standard Visitor Visa – formally known as a UK Tourist Visa or UK Business Visitor Visa
As the UK’s leading UK Standard Visitor Visa experts, you can enlist our help to give you the best chance of your UK Visitor Visa application being approved first time for a fixed fee. Call us now and we can provide you with a competitive quote. Our service includes:
- Working with you to ensure that you submit the best documents possible specific to your circumstances to give you the best chance of approval.
- We represent your application at the British Embassy/High Commission as your legal representative with our expert legal cover letter. Our legal cover letter has been used worldwide to ensure that the Entry Clearance Officer understands that we know the rules as well as they do.
- It also makes it as difficult for them as possible to find an excuse to justify refusing your visa application. We fully assist you with the online application to make the whole process as simple for you as possible.
Give us a call today on 0203 178 2048 or request a call back using the form on this page to check your eligibility and enable us to assist you in making an application to visit the UK. To date, we have secured thousands of UK Visitor Visa approvals for our clients worldwide making us the most experienced UK Standard Visitor Visa Experts in the UK!
Why Choose Us?
- Check out some of our many success stories so far at Trustpilot.co.uk
- Fixed fee with absolutely no hidden charges!
- We keep you updated with any new rules introduced by the UKVI (Home Office)
- A dedicated British or Polish consultant to process your application and liaise with you directly.
- A European support team in London who boast over 10 years of immigration experience with all consultants regulated by the OISC
- Out of hours’ number to contact your UK visa specialist with any important issues
- Email responses within 24 hours
- Sample documents and help to draft any letters needed (if required)
- A fully comprehensive document list so we can make sure we submit the best UK Visitor Visa application possible
- Guidance and feedback on all your documentation
- We work with you on the application form; provide a detailed legal covering letter arguing your case through and manage the entire application process on your behalf
What is a UK Standard Visitor Visa and who needs one to visit the UK?
The new UK Standard Visitor Visa has replaced all of the following UK Visitor Visas to simplify the application process:
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
From 2nd April 2020, the UK Home Office has updated the UK Visitor Visa rules to allow UK Visitor Visa applications to apply from ANY visa centre around the world in a country that they are in legally in, even as a visitor. This means that you can now apply for a UK Visitor Visa in a country that you are visiting, as long as you are in that country legally, and have sufficient time left to stay in the country for your UK Visa application to be processed. Should you wish to check this update for yourself, please click the following link that will take you to Guidance ECB:05: where to apply, the policy.
Typically, Visitors to the UK from most countries in the world will choose to apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa in their home country or country of residence before they visit the United Kingdom (UK). The process of applying to secure your UK Visitor Visa involves you making an application to either the British Embassy or High Commission in the country which you live (or are visiting) asking for permission to travel to the UK. You should note that you can only apply for your UK Tourist visa up to 3 months before the intended date of the trip to the UK. The current processing times are around 2 – 3 weeks.
Should you submit a perfect application which is successful; the British government will stamp a paper visa vignette in your passport granting you permission to travel to the UK for a limited period. Most visitors to the UK initially apply for a six-month Standard Visitor Visa as this is the easiest Visitor Visa application to secure. The longer the period the Standard Visitor is granted for (e.g. 5-years or 10-years), the harder it is to obtain an approval. You also should note that there is not a limit on the number of UK Standard Visitor Visas you can apply for in your lifetime, and there are longer-term multiple-entry visitor visas (1 year, two years, five years and ten years) should you be required to travel to the UK frequently over many years. We have explained the difference between short-term and long-term UK Standard Visitor Visas below.
Who does not need to apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa before they visit the UK?
Important point to note: nationals from a number of countries in the world (56 countries at present) do not need to apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa as they are classified as visa-exempt for stays in the UK up to six months (or three months maximum if they enter the UK from the Republic of Ireland). Nationals from the following countries are lucky enough not to need to apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa before visiting and do not need our services to visit the UK:
Australia & Oceania
Since 9th December 2013, the following countries also do not need to apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa, but nationals from these countries must apply for an Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) online before coming to the UK:
- United Arab Emirates
If you come from one of these countries, you should note that your Electronic Visa Waiver will entitle you to visit and study in the UK for up to six months without a visa, but you must apply for a separate EVW online each time you visit the UK.
Eligibility requirements for the UK Standard Visitor Visa
The eligibility requirements for securing a short-term UK Standard Visitor Visa are as follows:
- You must show you will leave the UK at the end of your trip
- You must be able to support yourself (and any dependants applying with you) for the duration of your trip
- You must be able to pay for your return or onward journey
- You must provide proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK (if you are not coming to the UK for a holiday)
The eligibility requirements for securing a long-term UK Standard Visitor Visa are as follows:
- You must be able to prove that you have a frequent and ongoing need to come to the UK
- You must be able to justify that the reason why you need to come frequently to the UK is not likely to change while your UK Standard Visitor Visa is valid
- You must be able to prove that you plan on leaving the UK at the end of each visit
Eligibility requirements for the UK Standard Visitor Visa if you are under 18 years of age
To be eligible to apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa if you are under 18 years of age, you will need to prove that:
- you have made suitable arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
- you have the consent of your parent(s) or guardian(s) to travel to the UK
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey
- you have enough money to support yourself without working or getting help from public funds, or you have family and friends that can support you while you are in the UK
Should you also be planning on travelling on your own to the UK, you would also need to provide:
- written consent for you to travel to the UK from your parent(s) or guardian(s)
- full contact details for your parent(s) or guardian(s)
The UK Visitor Visa application process with our full service will be as follows:
- You would sign up for our service by paying our professional fee and agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.
- Once done, we would send you our detailed document list, document templates and everything you need to start gathering the required supporting documents.
- Once you have gathered all the documents needed, you would need to provide them to your UK Visitor Visa Expert for checking.
- Once we are happy we have received all the supporting documents we need, we will set up the online application form.
- Once the form has been filled out, we will submit the online application form, and use your credit/debit card to pay the government fee and the Priority Service fee (if you want the decision possible).
- Once we have completed the online submission process, we will be able to print off the forms you need to submit and book your appointment at the VFS or TLS Contact Visa centre in your country of residence.
- Should the visa centre in your country of residence be operated by TLS Contact, we will fully upload all your supporting documents onto the system, so we can guarantee the approval and ensure no mistakes are made that could lead to refusal.
- Should the visa centre you are attending be operated by VFS Global, you will need to take your supporting documents to the VFS centre for scanning when you have your biometrics taken.
- At this step, all you are required to do is attend the biometric visa centre appointment, have your digital fingerprints and photo taken, and hand them your documents and passport for the visa to be stamped in once your application has been approved. The visa centre will forward your current passport the local British Embassy or British High Commission, as they will need the passport to stamp the Entry Clearance Visa once a positive decision has been made by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO).
- After a couple of weeks of processing time, you should receive an email to say that a decision has been made on your application. Please note that this is always the most stressful part of the process for our clients, as the Entry Clearance Officers (ECO’s) email will not confirm the decision, they will simply state that a decision has been made. This means that you will only find out whether the application has been successful when you go back to the visa centre and collect your passport back. Rest assured that our clients always receive an approval letter back with their passport, and your passport will contain a the Entry Clearance Visa.
- All you must do is ensure you arrive in the UK before the Entry Clearance Visa expires and enjoy your trip to the UK!
As we manage each step of the process from preparing, submitting and securing on a daily basis, letting us help you with this process can give you the peace of mind on what can be a stressful experience.
Our UK Visa services are tailored to your needs, so you can choose the price you want to pay, for the service you require.
For access to our knowledge & experience, we offer consultation services. If you want to be cost-effective and secure your approval by yourself, consider our Expert Checking Services. For an extra fee, we’ll even provide our Expert Document
List & bespoke templates to save you time. If you want a guaranteed approval though, you are looking for our Full Representation Services. With this service you are allocated your own dedicated UK Visa Expert to manage the entire process, with a no-win, no-fee guarantee. Whichever service you choose with First Migration, expect a professional
and stress free service.